Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
madgardener

Default Is any one using washing machine water for growing plants?

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"madgardener" wrote in message
I have gray water going into my woods. I have planted canna's just below

the
outlet where the pipe is. They are HUGE. 'nuff said?
madgardener

Do you regular detergent and liquid fabric softener?

liquid concentrated stuff I get at Sams, and yes, whatever gallon of
softener they have cheaper. no water softener, I have well water. and my
kitchen sink also empties out this same pipe, and if I were to shower in the
teensy weensy shower downstairs for apparently the tiny little woman who
originally lived here, that would go out the pipe too, and the utility sink
water. but just the kitchen sink and washer.
How do you deal with
loads that use hot water and chlorine bleach?

doesn't seem to affect the plants that I know of. The canna's seem to adore
cleaning this sludge and stuff up. It doesn't stink like you would think.
It's just mucky and boggy. And since my kitchen sink empties there too, I
tend to mush up the stuff and hot water it down the drain. I don't use drain
cleaner, but if I do grease, I cut it with Dawn first and that breaks it up
to rinse down the pipes and outside. So far, so good..........my next
experiment will be the Cardinal flower I got today in the trash at work. It
adores boggy places.......will let you know if it thrives.
maddie