Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Wayne Greenleaf

Default [IBC] Leaf cutting

I know that technically all broad-leafed trees have a petiole, but I had a
hard time finding it on my Zelkova. After carefully snipping a couple of
hundred leaves, I gave up and stripped the rest of the tree. This was last
year, and I don't see damage this year. However, I also did not notice
additional ramification or a significant reduction in leaf size last year or
this. Is there a secret to leaf pruning a Zeldova which has an almost
imperceptible petiole?
Wayne Greenleaf - New Orleans Z9