Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Leaf cutting

I know that technically all broad-leafed trees have a petiole,
but I had a
hard time finding it on my Zelkova. After carefully snipping a
couple of
hundred leaves, I gave up and stripped the rest of the tree.
This was last
year, and I don't see damage this year. However, I also did not
notice
additional ramification or a significant reduction in leaf size
last year or
this. Is there a secret to leaf pruning a Zeldova which has an
almost
imperceptible petiole?
==========

Care. Patience. Perseverance. Something good to listen to on
the stereo.*

I stripped a hornbeam today and they are almost sans petiole,
too. It took about 4 hours.

*For me it was "Cosi Fan Tutte."

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++