Old 30-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Carola / Les

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
My current plan does not include a skimmer. Do you think I'll regret it?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Depends upon your location and possibility of leaves etc getting into the
pond. Also whether or not you have the time to physically remove leaves on
a daily basis when they get in the pond.
I think you only need a bottom drain if the depth is greater than 2ft 6in.
At this depth you will be able to 'paddle' in the pond to remove debris and
'vacuum' as required.
The depth also depends upon where you live. Most fish, including Koi, are
quite happy in 2ft of water providing you give them some kind of shelter and
plants to hide in.
You only need a greater depth when there is extemes of temperature.

Les.