Old 09-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Groundhogs

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:08:55 -0400, Rusty
wrote:

we have groundhogs under our gazebo. How do we discourage them from
digging there. We have put rocks in their hole and they pull them out.
Some of the rocks are very good size. Now we have noticed they are
coming to our deck. We have looked under there and don't see any sign
of them. We have lattice around the underside of the deck. This is
war. How do we get rid of them???
Thanks for any help. Rusty

Years ago I had groundhogs getting into my vegetable garden. They
were climbing the chicken wire fence! After I installed an electric
wire around the fence, no more groundhogs and no more deer problems.
The groundhogs would not enter a Hav-A-Hart trap (I tried baiting with
apple and corn). I did beat one groundhog over the head with a
shovel, and that did not work either! Groundhogs do not like dogs.