Old 09-07-2004, 03:03 AM
len gardener

Default open letter to all perma-culturists who realy care - back 2 grass roots

that's the sad point fran,

pc is losing relevence and from all the feed back i get from others
they see it as something expensive before they can even think about
what it is all about.

we need that new um "meat" all avenues of common interest needs it all
otehr gardening related forums i am involved in have new converts
almost daily, things have gone terribly wrong and it can't farely be
blamed on this forum, the results of search engines is a good point to
start with.

forget which post you mentioned in about web pages and their costs and
how they are set up. but my homepage (as distinct from a web page
there seems to be a difference or perception that there is) doesn't
cost money but i am only allocagted so much space in this caes 5 meg
by my isp, also homepages like mine lose lots of contacts when we
change isp's for one reason or another, so literally we have to start
all over again when we make those changes.

us simple folk can't afford domain name nor can we afford web masters
to set our pages up and make sure we get all the top search positions
but the money chasers can it si after all a legitimate tax deduction
for them, and they flood the market so to speak. when people do
searches they rarely peruse past the first 20 hits (there could be
over a hundred hits to select from)so if those positions are flooded
then us little people don't even get noticed.

before i left brissy i was contacted by a lady seeking help with pc
she ahd consulted with a certified pc designer, who spoke way over
this ladies head and after collecting her fee the convert had little
or nothing to go on, she found me somehow and for free i went to her
place abotu a 2 hour round trip and discussed things as i saw it (she
ahd seen my layout) then i took her to her local demolition yard to
show her different material she could use for garden edges, she's
still pc gardening. and i think that near most of us here would do the
same thing. if she hadn't stumbled across me then would she still be
interested in pc today? i dunno my crystal ball is broken.

i think that 1 of the glasses of red cordail may have been bad the
other day mmm wot u reckon?

enjoy & take care

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.