Old 09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Lawn Tractor Suggestions

"PrestoChang0" wrote in
message .. .

ok, have to chip in here, to help the guy with the original question.
You are in central Florida? Bahai and St. Augustine are some of the
toughest grasses in the world to mow. And the fine sand in your soil
has ruined many a good mower.

I was in commercial mowing for several years and still do it part time.
All the people recommending Deere product blows me away, as I don't
know many commercial operators who'd waste their money on it.
Simplicity? Just bought out by Briggs and Stratton. That's not going
to go over well in the long run. Simplicity does own Ferris, however,
which is a much higher grade of mower.

My advice is this: Florida is the biggest market in the world for
commercial mowing equipment. The turnover of commercial mowing
equipment is phenomenal there. You should be able to pick up a good,
used commercial unit for your 1800 bucks, and have the most
comfortable, reliable and finest cutting mower you could ever hope to
own.

Just be aware that a machine used commercially for one year has more wear
and tear on it than a homeowner puts on a machine in 10 years.