Old 09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Riding Lawn Mowers

"PrestoChang0" wrote in
message .. .

stevey wrote:
*Who makes the Best 1-2 Acre riding lawn mower.
Cost
warranty
life cycle.. *

Life cycle? A commercial mower with heavy-gauge steel construction and
liquid-cooled engine may last you a lifetime;

and cost you maybe $10,000

any air-cooled engine
will be ready for the rubbish pile in less than 2,000 hours. Kind of
depends if you want a long-lasting investment or if you're willing to
spend the money again in 3 or 4 years for a new mower.

Hhmm - 2000 hrs / 4 years - 500 hrs per year - that's enough for most
neighborhoods. I'd guess the average homeowner uses less than 20 hours per
season around here. I'm running air-cooled Kohlers that are over 20 years
old - a 30 yo B&S on a Wards sits in the weeds cause it is locked in gear