Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Iris

Default High PH

We've had plenty of big rains,but there's nothing been washed in the
pond. No spraying of herbicides or pesticides.We have well water.There's
green stuff that looks kind of like jello stuck to the sides
at the top of liner. Stuff doesn't smell. I thought it is accumulation
of the different knd of algae. Never had this stuff other years.. Water
coming through water softener tests high but not off the chart on my
test kit.,around 7.2 or just over.
Iris

Mickey wrote:
First of all I would not do a 100% water change it will kill the fish
most likely. If your well or tap water has a lower pH I would start
doing 10% water changes every few days to lower the pH.Have you
fertilized the lawn lately? Had any big rains which might have washed
fertilizer into the pond?