Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Audrey

Default St. Augustine lawn potassium requirements

You have to be careful with St. Augustine and nitrogen fertilizer. More
than 2 lbs. per 1,000 per year will contribute to St. Augustine Decline.
Could this possibly be your case?

"Ralf G. Toennies" wrote in message
Yes, it is not nearly as lush as others even where we have good sun. In

the
shade it is pathetic. We have neighbors that have grass in the shade that

is
as healthy as ours is in the sun
"Matt" wrote in message
. ..
Is your lawn showing signs of a problem?

"Ralf G. Toennies" wrote in message
I have a lawn in the Houston Texas area and the soil consistently

tests
very
low in Potassium. I bought some 0-0-60 fertilizer and I am wondering

when
should use it and how much. Also, why would I have such a problem in

the
first place?