Old 09-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Jim

Default If I leave the grass uncut...

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:29:46 +0100, "Spider" wrote:

appreciated, good point. I'm in france where the brand names will

probably
differ so other than keeping a look-out for "nourriture d'automne pour une
pelouse" what would be the favoured chemical balance?

Hello Jim,
I assume that in France, as here, packaging will be marked N-P-K. The N is
for nitrogen, which you don't need in Autumn. You should be looking for
high P-K levels. Phosphate (P) will help the roots, and Potassium/Potash
(K) will ripen/harden off the grass to enable it to withstand the frost and
ice of winter.

Unfortunately, I don't have any autumn feed in stock, so I can't quote
typical N-P-K numbers. However, here in England the shops are full of
Autumn Lawn Feed from the end of summer, and I would imagine you will find
the same scenario in France. Hope that's the case.
Good luck with the lawn, and enjoy your trip.
Spider

yes the chemical symbols will be the same, thanks for the info!