Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Cat

Default Building a mound

In article ,
Sunflower wrote:

"Cat" wrote in message
I'm in the process of turning my [long, narrow and shady] back yard
into something more interesting than tons and tons of vinca - and
I'd like to build up part of the garden into a mound about 10' long
by l2.5' tall. Is there a more efficient way than buying a ton of
dirt?

That is, assuming you meen 10 *feet* by 12 *feet* and not inches. If you
mean just raising a 10' long bed a foot, then it's probably feasable work
for a single fit person with a truck over a summer.

Eeek! My finfers got away with me! That should have been a 10 foot long
bed, raised about 2.5 feet tall, and varying from about 1 to 4 feet wide.

Er, yeah. I wasn't planning on creating amon sur in my backyard ;

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."