Old 09-07-2004, 07:02 PM
dps

Default Groundhogs

Phisherman wrote:

...The chicken wire fence we built was 4 feet high, supported by T-metal
stakes. We stapled the bottom of the fence to cedar logs laid around
the garden perimeter. This fence will keep out rabbits, but not
groundhogs. We use a solar powered electric fence with built-in
battery backup--works great. I've learned not to accidentally touch
it ! If you still want to give the fence a try, bury it or staple
the bottom as I did--if it does not work you can always electrify it...

Years ago I put a rabbit fence around my garden. It was about 3' high.
One day there was a rabbit inside. I opened the gate and tried to herd
the rabbit toward it to get it out. The rabbit just looked at me and
jumped over the fence.

3' is not high enough.