Old 10-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bill Oliver

Default Another Way To Handle Tree Stumps?

In article ,
Frogleg wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:30:12 -0700,
(paghat) wrote:

I looked up every respectable (gov't, U) safety data sheet I could
find some time ago. None of them reported anything more serious than
cautions to use on a windless day to avoid aerosol drift.

Paghat, of course, tells half the truth. The Danish restrictions
are based on a general proscription against *any* herbicide in the
ground water at any level above 0.1 micrograms/L, as opposed
to a risk-based acceptable level of 700 micrograms/L in the US.
The levels that Demnark found unacceptable were not, in fact,
found in the groundwater or aquifer, but in drainage water.
and were 5.4 micrograms/L (compared, again, to a risk-based
limit of 700). And in contrast to Paghat's claim, the Danish
study did show rapid degradation, which is why the levels
were high in drainage water, but not in stable groundwater,
where the levels remained below the 0.1 limit.

billo