Old 10-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Charles

Default Rubbermaid vs. the real deal

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:13:22 -0400, "Perry"
wrote:

Hello All from a first time postee,

I am making my first foray into ponding. I'm familiar with the products and
techniques, but have never actually used them. To practice, I've bought a
large Rubbermaid type storage bin from Wal-Mart which I intend to disguise
well and stock with literally one or two small mosquito fish or tadpoles
from a nearby pond.

My question: Does that type of plastic emit any dangerous chemicals or
gases into the water that would poison flora or fauna? I'm not looking for
long-term quality, just short term practice.

Thanks.

They work well, I used one for years, until I poked a hole in it.

totally safe.

--

- Charles
-