Old 10-07-2004, 04:03 AM
The Data Rat

Default shady ground covers

How about taking a walk through a wooded area and see what is growing native
to the area? Most bulbs look nice in a wooded area if you just throw them
out and plant where they land. Bleeding hearts do well in wooded areas and
grow very well in the Philly area. I helped my friend in Philly completely
renovate her yard to look "natural" since it is a pre-revolutionary house in
Chestnut Hill, and it looks AWESOME, like all the things we planted grew
there naturally. She isn't much of a gardener, and it still looks great 3
years later.

Good luck!

Suzi

"Jody" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a wooded area that I want to replace the weeds with attractive
groundcovers. I have fresh dirt and need to plant. Would planting from
seed take too long? I am having a hard time finding the plants. Most

mail
order companies won't ship until the fall and I can't really wait that

long.
I am looking for suggestions. Thank you.
Jody