Old 10-07-2004, 05:03 AM
jo

Default From Planter to Pond?

RichToyBox wrote:

If your landscape blocks are like mine, have a small setback with each
layer, leaning into the pond, it should be fine. Because mine lean in, I
would want to see some dirt piled up against the back side of the blocks,
partly to offer some inward strength, but to help hold the liner off the
back of the blocks. The dirt would also add some resistance to kickout of
the wall, which I don't think would be an issue for the depth of water you
are talking about. My daughter has done a similar pond, no glue, that is
about 1 foot above ground. I have the blocks retaining my lower edge of the
pond, but I have about 4 foot of dirt between the pond and the blocks.

My blocks don't have the setback. They are arranged like so
/_\_/_\_/_\_/_\ alternating long end facing forward, long end facing

back if you are looking down at them, and they have the same rough
finish front and back. Sides, top, and bottom are smooth. I was hoping
not to find out the hard way that the bricks won't hold water. Sounds
like a good idea to put something between the liner and the brick,
though. Thanks for the reply.
jo