Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Riding Lawn Mowers

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Bilko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Roll Tide" wrote:
If you spend more than $1350.00 you could be riding a Deere.

Yep, disposables are in that price range. 5-10 years depending on
care and application. Buy the one with the most engine and frame.

People are paying that much for 10 year old JD's around here. I bought
my 110 for $850 about 5 years ago and I think it was 15 years old when I
got it - but I have had a tie-rod end break - and I do have to change

the
oil and put gas in.

I understand your point, but for an average consumer that cuts his acre
the mtd machines ain't bad for $1350 brand new. Like I said, it depends
a lot on the application and maintenance..biggest engine and frame in
that price range, if it was me on that budget.

The way MTD is going - gobbling up other outfits - we might not have a
choice in another 5 years. What do they have - Cub Cadet, Bolens,
Troybuilt - and the list goes on.