Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Steveo

Default Riding Lawn Mowers

"Srgnt Bilko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Bilko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Roll Tide" wrote:
If you spend more than $1350.00 you could be riding a Deere.

Yep, disposables are in that price range. 5-10 years depending on
care and application. Buy the one with the most engine and frame.

People are paying that much for 10 year old JD's around here. I
bought my 110 for $850 about 5 years ago and I think it was 15 years
old when I got it - but I have had a tie-rod end break - and I do
have to change

the
oil and put gas in.

I understand your point, but for an average consumer that cuts his acre
the mtd machines ain't bad for $1350 brand new. Like I said, it depends
a lot on the application and maintenance..biggest engine and frame in
that price range, if it was me on that budget.

The way MTD is going - gobbling up other outfits - we might not have a
choice in another 5 years. What do they have - Cub Cadet, Bolens,
Troybuilt - and the list goes on.

Yep, My land is sorta close to their headquarters so I drive by
there on occasion here in Ohio. They keep adding names to their
machines like you said. More buildings going up.

I like them because they employ people that live around me, and
they make the most bang for the buck in small to medium sized
lawn tractors.

They also make some nice high-end gear with that cub line.

American made still gets my attention.