Old 10-07-2004, 08:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default New pond is filled and planted. Now what?

I pretty much agree with George. I'd add buy plants and more plants, load
it up as much as it can either hold or you can afford. Yes, buy your test
kits, you can practice on what your water is doing before the fish go in.

~ jan

If you have an aquarium already set up in which to quarantine them, you could
get them now, and watch for disease and parasites. I'd wait about a month
before placing them in the pond. That will allow the water to "age" and you'll
be certain that the fish are healthy from the start. If you have plants in a new
pond already, you probably should buy pond plant fertilizer for them, because
they won't have much nutrients to absorb. After you place the fish in the pond,
then use aqua-zyme or similar product to help reduce the coming nutrient load.
That should help prevent you from getting an algae monster. Good luck, and let
us know your progress.