Old 10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
redclay

Default Dethatching Solution

I have heard of a mixture of detergent, beer and I think ammonia that will
enhance the decomposition of thatch. Of course I have no idea where I heard
about it or the recipe. First has anybody tried it and how did it work?
Secondly anybody got the recipe. I am planning to overseed and I do not
want to have to manually dethatch; gas powered units just tear up the lawn,
I watched my neighbor destroy his yard with one. Afterwards he mentioned a
rototiller could not have done a better job ripping up the old lawn.