Old 10-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Lisa

Default Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish!

I went with the pond netting. But it does take away from the ambiance of
the pond just a bit. I have to lift it off to hand-feed my fish. I was
thinking of taking it off the other day and have occasionally pulled it back
to expose the pond while I am home and out in the yard, but my husband went
outdoors the other day and heard the flapping of large wings. He turned to
look up and behind him and there was the heron perched on our roof above the
backyard! So, he is still "stalking" my pond waiting for his next
opportunity! It must be an easy meal for him as there are so many little
ponds and creeks around here it is surprising that he would venture into
such a populated area to feed. I was going to research their habits to see
if they migrate. I hope they do! The sooner the better!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Lisa