Old 10-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Landscaping Advice

"Bob S." wrote in message
m...
Jay wrote in message

. 64.196...
We are moving into a newly built home soon.
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a really good landscaping
book or software.
We live in central new york
Thanks

I bought several landscaping software packages and they all suck.
Check with your county agricultural extension Service and see if they
have a Master Gardener program. Master Gardeners have landscape
training, provide free advice, and are generally eager to help.

Bob S.

Master Gardeners DO NOT have landscape training. They have some cursory
horticultural training that enables them to be able to answer some very
basic home gardening questions, but they have no formal training in
landscape design. If you want or need professional advice, go to a
professional, not a hobby gardener with limited skills and training and a
committment to volunteer in return for this basic training.

pam - gardengal