Old 10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Ka30P

Default Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish!

Hi Lisa,

I think I remember that you are in the Bay Area? Then I'm betting these herons
don't migrate are your climate is too mild.
Here in SE WA, zone 7, our herons are year round. We have big rivers that stay
ice free all winter. Some populations do migrate but coastal regions tend to
keep their herons all year round.

If you still don't like the netting you can try the scarecrow sprinkler that is
motion activated. Put it up close enough and it might knock him off his feet.
Just remember to turn it off when you want to visit the pond ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer