Old 10-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Bette E

Default Kitty Litter destroys String Algae (Help)

Kitty Litter destroys String Algae (Help)
Would you be kind enough to tell me how much you used and how often you
added it? My pond is about 1800 to 2000 gallons, with 20 lg shebunkins
and goldfish. I have a sm. ( 50 gal.) veggie filter at the top of the
falls. It is filled with lettuce and hyacinths. There is an 7 foot long
spillway with 2 small drops, Then water then flows over the bottom lg
basin shaped rock and into the pond. I have string algae growing over
the bottom rock, stranding into the pond. Hand removal, isn't enough.
The stuff seems to grow like a weed.
Thank you for any help, I have lost your original post.

Bette, in Central OH