Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Sirius631

Default Great ruin - hope to re-develope

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let yuo know about a rural plot that I'm investigating.
Hopefully I can buy it and build an environmentally friendly house on it, with
enough space to grow significantly more of my own food.

I had seen this ruin for many years, on my way to work, just to the north east
of junction 4 on the M54 in Shropshire, England. It has fallen into greater
delapidation in recent times, having only the two end walls remaining standing.
My initial investigations yielded nothing, but recently I enquired at a nearby
farm and, as it turns out, all the land around is owned by Lord Stafford. I now
have a 'phone number for his land agent, whom I intend to call on Monday, to
see if they are open to offers.

If I can buy the plot, I would demolish the ruin and use the bricks to form a
solid core to a glass atrium/straw bale house. The plot is only 1 mile away
from work, as opposed to 25 and, when complete I'd sell the car and cycle to
work. Then again, I hate work.

Maybe I could interest others to join me in forming a mini permaculture
community.

David Lloyd
So open-minded - my brains dribbled out.