Old 10-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Giant Willow Aphids...

"blaadyblah" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:50:38 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"blaadyblah" wrote in message
.. .

Hello.

This morning I've been out to cut back all the remaining dead

wood,
and generally tidy it up a bit. I've discovered several colonies

of
Giant Willow Aphid that weren't there before.

What can I do to get rid of them? Preferably without using
particularly ecologically unfriendly or harmful chemicals, my

garden
is not exactly organic, but I do try to minimise the use of

noxious
substances if at all possible and I've not had cause to use any

for
several years, if it can be avoided I'd prefer not to start again

now.

If you actually want to put paid to them, take off the boxing

gloves
and let them have it by any available means.

Heh, it might come to that yet, they don't seem to be responding to
detergent and threats...

Get cracking with a proper systemic insecticide. That is the only way
of making sure that *all* of them get a bite at the cherry, so to
speak.

Franz