Old 11-07-2004, 12:10 AM
NikV

Default Cat Dirt - urgghh

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Simon" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can anybody recommend any products (non-harmful so no guns etc!!) to

keep
cats from using my Lawn as a toilet.

Thanks in adavance

Orange peel, mothballs, and products like 'keep off' which you can get

from
pet shops. Have you actually seen a cat dumping on the lawn?

I've seen one of ours poo on the lawn and a different one (sandwich short of
a picnic) repeatedly batting neighbours mothballs around, I've only seen him
in their garden a few times, either when they tried the mothballs idea and
once when they installed one of those £50 pir activated ultrasonic things,
incidentally, these do appear to work (after old gormless had checked it
out), but a not as satisfying as the sprinkler type although the
sound/suddeness seems to be the factor here since each 'firing' only uses
half a cup of water. I would have assumed in all these methods that their
sucess would depend upon alternative sites for moggy to go and poo, in our
case we have a 10 acre scrub backing on to our fence so providing a hole
through the fence and a plank across the ditch gives a easy alternative.

Nik V