Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 AM
J Fortuna

Default Let's Start a Good Idea, Tips Thread.

Wendy,

What a good idea you have for this thread!

My idea: Since I fertilize my orchids every other watering now, I needed a
way to remind myself whether the last time the plants had been fertilized or
not. I bought a packet of small candles-on-toothpicks, the type you put in a
birthday cake. A candle in the pot means that I fertilized it, whereas no
candle means that I did not. Since the candles are multicolored, it also
adds a bit of flimsy charm to the plants that are not in bloom, IMHO.

Best,
Joanna

"wendy7" wrote in message
For example, when I am potting, I use an old lazy susan.
I put it in a wide flat bowl which catches any spillage & is clean
enough to use.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply