Old 11-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Newbie Bill

Default OT letter to terrorists

Consider this scenerio - One day there is a knock on your door. There stand
10 men in black military suits with automatic weapons and foreign accents.
They tell you they believe you have drugs in your house and that if you dont
either produce them immediately or allow them to come in and search for
themselves, they are going to kill not only you, but all of your family they
can find and probably many of your neighbors. You insist you have no drugs,
they have no authority whatsoever to be there, this is your private
property, you object on legal and religous grounds and even if you had them,
the only interest they have in drugs, was to take them and sell them
theirselves. They insist on the count of three they are indeed going to
carry out their threat regardless. If you have no drugs do you slam the
door and run for a kitchen knife or let them in?
It was a terrible thing that 3000+ people died in a terrorist attack. It
is a terrible thing every time another of our young men loses his life in
Iraq. It is a terrible thing many people were probably killed tonite by
drunk drivers. This is a very complex, far reaching and difficult issue.
We have a thread in this group of probably 20 different people who feel
pretty strongly, have some experience, knowledge and expertise about how or
if you should get rid of rats in your back yard. In reading many of these
'answers' it is obvious there is not even close to a clear accord on the
correct course of action. The conservatives cant agree on how to kill them.
The liberals cant agree and whether you should adopt them or just ask them
to move out of the neighborhood. How can we possibly know the right thing
to do, to dissuade several million people who have as their avowed goal to
kill us? Even if one poster name Jesus Christademos, (from one of the
higher states of North America) knew exactly the right thing -what's the
chances he could convince a majority of the people just in this group, to
abandon their pre conceived opinions. I suggest in this forum, we keep our
attention of comparitively simple matters like algae bloom and just how man
koi can you really put in a 2000 gallon pond with a bead filter and funnel
our politico/socio/economic views and energy into more appropriate avenues
and venues.
Peace
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas