Old 11-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Roma tomatoes have brown bits inside

Michael said:

Some of my first Romas, but not all, have brown areas inside. It looks like
some of the seeds are brown, kind of dried out. Other than that, the
tomatoes look great, and taste good. Any idea what this could be? Thanks!

I've always though that these were tomatoes that *nearly* developed blossom
end rot... Sometimes you see a really tiny brown spot on the bottom of tomato
and there will be a bit of damage inside the seed cavity.

(attributed to Don Marti)