Old 11-07-2004, 02:04 PM

Default easiest/least invasive way to repair leak

had a pondless waterfall installed last fall. I love it, except that
it does have a leak and I suspect a large one. Loose several inches of
water a day and will empty out completely in course of about a week.
Have done all the trouble shooting and I "think" it must be in the
bottom of the liner (the entire peremeter was rebuilt/inspected twice
in the early spring). The area is now dense with foliage of all my
shrubs and planting and I hate like heck to go in there now and
unearth the thing (tight site and would be very invasive). I know this
is a stupid question, but are there any chemicals that can bond a leak
(plumbing industry does this to seal PVC piping)?
Also, in such a case is it best to completey replace the liner or
attempt a patch? If the liner needs to be replaced, can you replace
just a portion or does the whole thing (up to the waterfall) need to
be redone? Not so much concered about cost as I am distrupting what
has become a beautiful setting. Whew ! sorry this is so long.