Old 11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Jim Carlock

Default silverleaf whitefly

I am seeing silverleaf whitefly on some squash. They look like
a voracious little white spec that flies around when I tap a leaf
and they are leaving holes in the leaves where they are eating,
and the leaves are getting white / silverish discolored veins.

Doing some research over google I am seeing that silver
reflective mulch is being used to help lessen the damage. I'm
looking for some suggestions in dealing with the little whiteflies
in a non-pesticidal fashion. I'm googling for information, and
will post back when I discover something if I find something
that might apply.

I have some banana peppers nearby that are not being affected.
There is some mustard leaves growing that are being attacked.
I'm wondering if some banana peppers ground up and put into
a squirt bottle will help... g Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.votetoimpeach.org/