Old 11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Color changes

In article ,
says...
In my area, tiger lilies will swallow an entire lily bed in a couple
of years, squeezing out the asiatics and orientals. Maybe you bought
some yellow tiger lilies? Where are you located?

I'm in the Spokane WA area.

Thanks to all that responded. Most reported on similar tulip
problems. I could see that, but the lilies as well?

BTW, if yellow tiger lilies are spotted like the orange ones,
no, I don't have any of those.

I don't remember now what exactly I did buy, but they did bloom
true the first year, and several were still OK the second year.
This year, the third, only one was not yellow.

And none have died - they're spreading outward in a circle from
the original plants which appear to still be doing fine.

So it's not just the new bulblets changing color, and it's not a
mis-labelling of the originals.

Concerning the tulips, it may be that the originals died off and
were replaced by offspring that reverted to yellow. Since
they've all been moved, I can't tell, but since others have had
that occur, it's probably what happened to ours.

BTW, I have lilies planted elsewhere in the yard that just had
their second year bloom, and none of them have changed yet :-).

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?