Old 11-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Paulo

Default Cats and Catnip

Something similar happened to me but in a pot. I decide to wait until the
plants were robust to offer them to him .
Maybe you can plant it in 3 or 4 different places.....

--
Paulo
"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
Planted a short row of catnip in the new grape arbor this year,
figuring our cat would enjoy it. After reading the planting
suggestions on the package, I thought I would try for an extra
good stand and bought three packages instead of one.

Germinated well, and when the sprouts looked big enough to fend
for themselves, I showed Fluffy where it was. She was suitably
greatful, however...

It is now apparent that I underestimated her ability and persistance
in grazing the little plants nearly flush with the ground. Moreover,
she has now determined that directly on top of the poor things is a
great place for a morning nap. And afternoon. And evening.

I guess I don't mind, as I planted the stuff mostly for her to
enjoy, but it is unclear whether any of it will survive long enough
to naturalize. I think I'm going to have to make a stronger run at
it next year. Maybe three rows with ten seed packs, about an order
of magnitude more than one might think reasonable.