Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bill R

Default strong smell of colored mulch

Danny wrote:
We got black cedar mulch and it has a very strong scent. not like the nice
smell of cedar but more like a chemical. perhaps rubber.

I am assuming it is colored with some kind of dye, but what is it?
IT is nasty!! I am concerned there may be some chemicals in this stuff
thate are no good.

Please advise

THanks

Danny,

I know what you mean. I bought some stuff last year that
smelled really sour. I asked the manager at the place where
I got it about the smell and he said it was "normal". The
good news was that after about a week the smell was gone.

As far as dyes and chemicals, I really doubt that they use
them (it would be an added expense) but it wouldn't hurt to
ask.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850