Old 12-07-2004, 04:02 AM

Default Japanese beetles are back!

On 11 Jul 2004 23:50:57 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
Steveo wrote:

wrote:

Liquid Sevin works well, it's available at any garden store.

Thanks...I'll go look for some.
Do they sell it in concentrate that I can dilute and put in my big
sprayer?

Yes, it's sold in concentrate for hose end or pump sprayers.

Do it now before they lay eggs for next year. Or, wait until next June
and apply grub killer to get the grubs before they emerge as beetles.

Waiting until next June won't help his trees much..

Just to toss in my two sense. I bought a trap, and it looked like a
cartoon. In minutes, the cloud of beetles moved in a line towards the
trap. Soon, the first bag was full in a day or two. The second back
is filling up now but the population(what I can see flying around) has
declined.

I know I probly attracked every beetle in the nieghbor hood, but the
positive effects was almost immediate on one tree they were attacking.

On a side note, I live in easter pa, have they layed eggs already?
I've seen tiny brown spots where the grass comes up in handfuls? I
thought this would happen at the end of July.

later,

tom

http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com