Old 12-07-2004, 06:07 AM
Lisa

Default Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish!

I am in the Northern Indiana area. But from what I've read they stay for
quite some time. I'm just destined to leave the netting on......

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Hi Lisa,

I think I remember that you are in the Bay Area? Then I'm betting these

herons
don't migrate are your climate is too mild.
Here in SE WA, zone 7, our herons are year round. We have big rivers that

stay
ice free all winter. Some populations do migrate but coastal regions tend

keep their herons all year round.

If you still don't like the netting you can try the scarecrow sprinkler

that is
motion activated. Put it up close enough and it might knock him off his

feet.
Just remember to turn it off when you want to visit the pond ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer