Old 12-07-2004, 06:07 AM
Go Fig

Default How do I clear up green pond? HELP!

In article ,
wrote:

than you Karen. I was rolling thru the threads waiting for a sharp eye to
catch the 5
koi/4 GF in a 500 gallon. WAY overstocked. the green may be all that is
keeping the
water from being completely toxic. Ingrid

I don't think that's a fair conclusion. Inches of fish is far more
important than actual numbers as well as the amount of food being
given. As to the filtration, it seems more than able to handle the
load, with lots of WH, lava prefilter and reasonable aeration. If the
picture and description still holds true.

This water would probably be green without a single fish in it.

Add a UV, see your fish again this week. Keep on eye on your water
quality and change 100 gallons a month... fill the tub with WH,
protected from the fish.

jay
Sun Jul 11, 2004

(Karen Mullen) wrote:

In article ,

(WilsonKKW) writes:

What should I do? 500gallon pond 5 Koi
4 Comets.

5 koi in 500 gallons is too many and add the 4 comets, you're overstocked.
you
didn't mention what type of filtration you have, but it better be more than
good.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH