Old 12-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Pam Gibbs

Default Disease problem

Thank you!.

I started spraying regularly with the daconil about the time the peppers
were eight inches tall, when I started spraying the tomatoes to prevent all
of the fungal diseases tomatoes get as soon as the weatther gets warm and
wet. So the peppers had a couple of applications of daconil and one of
maneb before this black stuff started. I have never seen it before. Maybe
the copper would have helped had I gotten it on the plants before they got
sick, I don't know.

I have pulled up and destroyed all the affected plants and even some nearby
that were not affected, and have plastic on the soil to solarize it. I
don't know what else to do.

Of course I never sprayed the basil or the four o'clocks with anything
because I have never had sick basil or four o'clocks before.