Old 12-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Jim Adney

Default kohler engine igniition unit question

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:00:50 -0500 Mark Leininger
wrote:

I have a craftsman lawn tractor with an 18HP Kohler twin, model M18S.
Twice now it has failed to start due to no spark. By the time I fiddle
with ignition switch and safety switch to see if something is not making
contact, it mysteriously starts. I would say in my experience with other
small engines the spark intensity looks weak.

Of course it's impossible to tell which part is responsible from here,
but I would start by making SURE that the ignition switch and all the
safety interlocks are okay, as well as all the wiring.

It's easy to blame the active device, but so often the real problem is
in the passive parts that we take for granted.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA