Old 12-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Mark Anderson

Default My Sage is dying

In article says...
I think you're correct. A picture (Mark posted
http://www.brandylion.com/images/sage-flower.jpg )
Is certainly helpful.

I was about to go on and on about Salvia officinalis, which his plant
clearly isn't.

....which raises the question of which plant he really wanted. Primarily for
culinary use, or "other"?

I grow parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme as well as chives, garlic,
catnip, lovage, borage, lavender, oregeno, and several variety of mints
and basil. I don't cook and give anything that's edible away to those
who do. I like growing herbs for their foliage so I didn't want that
plant to flower so early in the year and peter out. It didn't even have
a chance to get big.

I have since deadheaded it and it looks like it's getting new leaves now.

I find what to deadhead and what not to deadhead to be the most confusing
part of gardening.