Old 12-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Mock Orange Question

I had 3 of these along my property line when I bought my house. They were my
neighbor's. The moron cut them down. I can't tell you much about growing
them, but you'd better get yourself a hat with mosquito net like fishermen
wear because when those plants start making flowers and you smell them,
you're gonna be sleeping out there in a lawn chair. :-)

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
I got a mock orange recently - Philadelphus x virginalis 'Minnesota
Snowflake.' The people at the nursery said it would "get big." A Google
search yields results that say it will get from 8 feet tall and as wide to
only 3 feet tall. The plant is already about 3 feet tall in the

container.
Some sites say that it is fast growing, some say it is a slow grower. I
want to select a good site for this plant. Anyone know about or have this
plant? I'm in zone 6.