Old 13-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Bugs 4 Jazz

Default Kill Clover!

"Dan Baker" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Look for chick weed or Clover killer at any Home Depot. I've been

attacking
it in spots with a liquid version with great success.
Clover (at least for me) has been a sign of bad soil.

Actually, clover can help poor soil, as it is a legume. If you remember
your elementary school science, legumes like peas, fix nitrogen in the soil,
making it easier for most plants to access nutrients.
That said, I find clover, especially the stuff with the tiny yellow flowers,
to be a real nuisance. I runs all over the lawn, and chokes out the grass.
Pulling it is a rather thankless task, and neverending, but I am trying to
go chemical-free. Can't decide if the clover or the dandelions are
worse....

--
Barrie Templeton