Old 13-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Pinky

Default Great ruin - hope to re-develope

Hi David,

"Sirius631" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let yuo know about a rural plot that I'm investigating.
Hopefully I can buy it and build an environmentally friendly house on it,

with
enough space to grow significantly more of my own food.

snip
If I can buy the plot, I would demolish the ruin and use the bricks to

form a
solid core to a glass atrium/straw bale house. The plot is only 1 mile

away
from work, as opposed to 25 and, when complete I'd sell the car and cycle

work. Then again, I hate work.

Maybe I could interest others to join me in forming a mini permaculture
community.

David Lloyd
So open-minded - my brains dribbled out.

Good luck in your talks with Lord S's agent )
Are there many strawbale houses in your area? I ask because then you could
get an idea of how they hold up in cold, wet climates - I am assuming that
Shropshire is not the tropics of england ;o)
Will you be able to do or have you done a strawbale course? They're
(strawbale houses) a fantastic, less expensive building option.
Let us know how it went )

Andrea