Old 13-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Fran

Default Great ruin - hope to re-develope

"Pete" wrote in message
Will you stop that sighing .... :-)
Further North than the Claire valley ? you'd be getting close to Goyders
line .. an imaginary line which supposedly denotes good/bad country ...
inside the line is supposed to be good rainfall and outside ..well not ..

Yes indeed. Up there! Coming down the Strezlecki track from Innaminka.

I'll bet there are a lot of old abandoned farm houses just outside "the
line" who's original owners left for greener pastures after almost dying
while trying to make a go of their "allotment".

Some of those old places could tell a few stories I'm sure.

Yes. I hope to pick up some good local history books as I pass through.
I'm a sucker for local history as I always find it so fascinating.