Old 13-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Tyler Hopper

Default Layering

"escapee" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:58:34 -0400, "Jean B." opined:

Now that Pam has provided such a nice description of layering
(thanks, Pam), I am wondering what plants lend themselves
particularly well to this approach? Thanks.

I have used this method with great success on Brugnansia spp. I have one very
large specimen which I could no longer fit through the greenhouse door, so I

had
to remove a large portion of the canopy. I did layering, using the following,
easy technique:

I bought pipe insulation, sold at most hardware stores. It is made of foam
rubber, or some type of foam and it is slit down the length. I simply wrapped

piece of that around the stem I wanted to root, and under it I put some sheet
moss. I tied it on with a piece of rope and in about two months I have ample
roots to remove the baby.

Brilliant V! The method I used to use was such a PITA I quit trying.

Tyler