Old 14-07-2004, 12:04 PM
The Watcher

Default Clay to good soil

On 13 Jul 2004 20:15:27 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:

(snip)
I just looked for anything like "chicories" on the Burpee website
and don't see anything like it. WHat should I look for ?

Chicory is blooming here in northern Arkansas now(been blooming for the last
month or so). It's everywhere, all along the roads, ditches, cleared fields.
Pretty blue flowers. If you try to dig some up, be aware that it has a LONG
taproot. I recently pulled one up from one of my flowerbeds and it was like
pulling up a full-grown carrot, but tougher. I was just pulling it up to get rid
of it, but on a whim decided to stick it in a pot and see what would happen. It
survived the transplant shock and is blooming again. That's one tough plant.