Old 14-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Hampton Court 7th July

The message
from "tuin man" contains these words:

It was truly terrible - I'm usually pretty tolerant of poor telly, but I
turned this off.

Victoria

I only saw snippets, so can't comment (but I like the music). I just noticed
the silence here.

I noticed the resounding silence too. What's more, I've been asking RL
gardening acquaintances of they watched it, and no they didn't..same as
me. Chelsea was bad; the thought of Diarmuid Gavin as HC presenter was
the final straw. I knew what that would mean :-(.

TV media are in deep, deep trouble when prime-time programming is
ignored by a target audience which happens to be the largest, highest
spending leisure activity group in the UK. We are hugely valuable to TV
advertisers; they won't pay to be ignored by us. That's terrible news to
production companies, including the BBC, who hope to sell their
programmes to the worldwide market.

Janet.