Old 14-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Sue

Default nemesia deadheading

Its not that I don't like deadheading. It's quite therapeutic really. But
nemesias are another thing entirely. Does any know if they need

doing...will
it significantly prolong flowering time? Please say no it's not worth it!

(I
have window boxes and tubs full of them)

Sue, from Derby

Is this the plant with very pretty dolly mixture colours?
The ones I bought this year have lasted so long and looked so pretty
that I have been collecting the very tiny seeds for growing next year
and tidying them up at the same time. I always go off my hanging
baskets at this time of year as some plants start to look very tired
especially Surfinias but the one with the Nemesias and delicate
fuschias is the best.
Diana

Hello Diana,

Yes nemesias can be dolly mixture colours. This year I am growing one in
shades of yellow. I looked at the seed packet this morning and it does
suggest deadheading to prolong flowering time.
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

Sue

---